Your poker HUD and You must WORK together.
We all have our own strategies for winning the game of No-limit, Texas Hold’em. That’s what makes it such a challenging game.
It’s a thinking mans game clouded with incomplete information and punctuated with many pitfalls and exhilarating highs. However, there are time proven approaches to the game that create a winning strategy.
Information is key and the ability to sort through and correctly react to what is known and what is not known is the difference between success and failure.
Your poker HUD is your only friend at the table…everyone else is you enemy. Keep in mind that 90%+ of your Villains at the table are probably in the same situation.
Your HUD is your “Poker Book Keeper” and you are the CEO.
The responsibility rests on your own shoulders
to play your best and generate a profit.
Soooo…How do you meet the challenge?
(1) First off…learn what each stat in your HUD is representing and how to interpret it.
If you don’t know what a poker stat percentage is telling you can’t make an informed decision.
Note: PokerTracker’s “Leak Tracker Videos” are great source that explains in easy to understand poker language what each statistic is, how it is calculated and what the winning ranges for that statistic is.
(2) NEVER allow your HUD statistics to be the sole factor in your decision for making any poker move.
Practice situational thinking and consider the other elements that are or might be involved.
i.e. table position, stack size, personalities etc, The list goes on and on…
(3) Learn to trust your final decision. You won’t always be right but over time you will learn what works and what doesn’t.
Experiment with different moves and don’t be afraid to fail. Remember what Thomas Edison said.
“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
And… “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
(4) Never stop studying the game. Poker is to involved to think that you have learned all you need. Learn from others who are more experienced …ask questions, study their play and read their books.
(5) Study your hand histories away from the game. PokerTracker 4 is the most used poker database software on the market. It’s become the standard for a whole industry of copycats. That’s why HUDblue decided to build our HUDs within the PokerTracker application. Most people buy it for it’s HUD capabilities but it can generate a vast array reports and graphs that can be customized and filtered to your own requirements. Use that advantage to boost your edge in a game that takes no prisoners.
(6) Enlist outside help with your understanding of the game. Join poker forums, subscribe to poker strategy sites and when you make a bit of profit invest in professional lessons. One of the best sites we have found is “Transform My Poker”. Check them out. Invest in your success.
(7) Always remember that you are gambling. Variance is always involved and poker is a long term game. Over time you will be as lucky as you are unlucky. Don’t make it personal (tilt is your enemy) when you get a bad beat. It’s just part of the game.